Thursday, February 10, 2011

Fun funness

Since I'm almost at a point where I'm going to start posting this comic online, I think it's time to post another picture of Tris. This one shows Cole's face as well. (If you saw the post of the two different styles for the first page of the comic, he's the person hidden under his hood.) This is the style I'm going to use for the colouring, which I think will work for this comic. It's nice and clean and compared to a more detailed shading technique it doesn't take a long time to do so I can finish pages fairly quickly. Quick is key for this comic. That and fun. I want these characters to have a lot of fun, even when their lives are on the line which will help me have fun while telling the story.

Hopefully that fun feeling will translate to the readers. You'll have to let me know either way.

2 comments:

  1. I'm not a fan of too many bright colours in comics, so I love that you're using darker colours :) Yes, it's important to have fun with your characters or else you lose interest. Good luck with the comic, Christina!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Carolyn! As you know I find colour choices hard, I'm glad you approve. Hopefully I'll have fun with this one for a long time.

    ReplyDelete